How will I create a menu of choices?
The manager app, provides you with a series of categories where you can insert your chosen products and prices.
How does it work?
- First the customer must download the app – this is done for free using Google Play or the App Store
- Once a customer sits at a table and activates the app, it will recognise the location ( using GP technology)
- The customer then inserts his/her table number and, on viewing the menu, simply makes his/her choices. When ready to order, he/she simply “goes to checkout” on the app and confirms the order
- The order will then be forwarded directly to the manager app, where it take its place
- As orders are completed and delivered by waiting staff, these staff use their app to
- Confirm delivery
- Confirm payment or take payment as appropriate
- The customer has the option to include a tip
- The customer also has an option to make repeat orders, as appropriate
How will I collect payment?
The choice is up to you – you can take payment by cash or using your existing card payment machine. However, we will also shortly have a payment method which sits in the app
What happens if the system goes down?
The system is cloud-based and extremely reliable. The underlying system has had no major breakdown in 10 years.
How much does it cost?
- There is a small up-front charge of £200 to set up the system in each premises
- Thereafter the is a charge of 10 pence per order, which should be charged as part of the order
What kind of equipment do I need?
- The app works on any standard Apple or Android smartphone
- The management app functions best on a tablet – these can be obtained for c£70
What is the minimum contract?
- There is no minimum contract you can use ServiceTag as much or as little as you wish
- Once standing and service at the bar returns, you can simply stop using it, if you wish